Pentax K30...to be or not to be?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
drummercam
Contributing MemberPosts: 568Gear list
Like?
The K-50 tweaked the 16MP sensor . . .
In reply to audiobomber, 8 months ago

The K-50 tweaked the 16MP sensor and the PRIME M processor, maximum ISO went up to 51,200, and wi-fi capability with an Eye-Fi SD card was added. Someone said the K-50 got a mic port, but it did not.

Wi-fi through Eye-Fi came to the K-50 at the same time that Eye-Fi capability was added to the Q7. On the Q7, I have found it useful to share pictures that my smartphone simply cannot get because of the lens limitations. I can immediately share anything from a 17mm (eq.) shot (Q 08 lens) to a 200mm shot (Q 06 lens). Because the Q7 and its entire lens set is so compact, I can (and do) keep that range with me all the time. With the K-50, I'm less likely to carry that much gear, so I have much less range of shots I might want to share. Wi-fi on Q7 is phone sharing on steroids, however, if you care to do that, which I have found I do now that I have such a wide range of possible shots.

As for looks, I like the look of the K-30 better than the more rounded, Canon-esque K-50. Here it is with the 20-40mm Ltd. I snapped this with the Q7 in my office garage, sent it to my phone, then mailed it to myself at the office. Came back upstairs, and voila!, there it is. (This workflow is useful to me because cameras and SD cards are not allowed in my office.)

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow