Tripod help

Started Apr 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dawgtired Regular Member • Posts: 203
Tripod help

Hi everyone! I thought I had a pretty nice setup with a Manfrotto 443 Carbon Fiber tripod and an Acratech ball head. It worked great for my Nikon FM3A and my Leica M9. Now that I am using my 5D Mark III and an Otus 1.4 and a 70-200 IS II more and more, I've noticed things aren't as sharp as I thought they would be. So I taped a laser pointer to the top of my Otus and noticed the light was drifting to the right. When I took a photo, there was a marked movement to the right when the shutter released. This was a long way of telling you I'm in the market for a new setup. I don't anticipate flying with a tripod much at all. I mainly shoot people and pets but I am getting into some macro. It seems like Gitzo and RRS are the main players. So suggestions???

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

Dawgtired's gear list:Dawgtired's gear list
Leica M9 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +7 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow