The Past "Photography" the Future "Imagery" Not for ME!

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 13,654
Like?
Re: The Past "Photography" the Future "Imagery" Not for ME!
In reply to fcheh, 6 months ago

fcheh wrote:

Just food for thought in the good old days we had Photography: Are we at the Tipping Point of "Imagery" where we PS the F* out of the image and call it Photography?

Photoshop the f-stop out of the image ?

I would love to start a forum just for "What I Saw is What You Get" no post processing allowed, not even cropping just natural the way it happened pictures!

Cool, go for it ! You'd get along great with the 70-year old judges of photo contests at the county fairs.
(Edit: no offense intended ... I know a couple of those judges, and they're even more open-minded than the OP).

One reason why I love a great zoom lens is you crop as you go, you compose then shoot. Primes are great BUT they give you the SAME point of view as everyone else using them.

Yes, because as well all know, "everyone else" is using primes. The SAME primes, no less. You're the only one using a zoom; the rest of us are all using the 50mm prime that came with our kit.

2014 and we have "BURST"

Hurray for BURST ! 2014 is proving to be a great year !

shoot the S* out of something
and hope something good comes of it and by the time we sit down and view 400 shots of nothing we forgot what we were trying to capture.

Gosh, sounds like you should go back to shooting like you did in the good old days. I'm glad I don't have one of those new 2014 cameras with BURST !

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow