tripod and ballhead suggestions

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
RightLight
Regular MemberPosts: 111Gear list
Like?
Re: tripod and ballhead suggestions
In reply to akjos, 5 months ago

akjos wrote:

Thanks.... so if you ate 5'4 there is no way the 313 is at your eye level all set up... it has to be higher quite a bit with the legs extended anf column down no?
--
http://www.pbase.com/jps1979/galleries

Yes. But none gave camera exactly to my eye level unless I went for more sections. Five sections tripod were best fit! I bought it at a local store and tried many there. So I looked for a little shorter ball head instead. I gave sirui a consideration, but it's tad taller that Photo Clam (from the specification given online). I decided to go with 313 because I was looking for more stability in light and thought I can compromise even a couple of inches rather than going four or five sections. In most cases I do not extend fully. If I need, in some cases, I lift my to heel up to level - that's the compromise I made. 313 is best for any one from 5'5" to 5'8" fully extended without raising the center column.

RightLight's gear list:RightLight's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow