What are quirks and strengths of the K5ii?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,935Gear list
Like?
Re: What are quirks and strengths of the K5ii?
In reply to robbo d, 6 months ago

Robbo D Thanks!

Good to hear the focus is reliable in low light. My E-3 is pretty good at that, where as the E-1 was really bad. The E-M1 sometimes has a hard time locking in low light with subjects that lack hard contrast lines.

Interested in peoples comments on flash. I use flash quite a bit with Cactus triggers, and bounce flash very frequently.

I'm also researching lenses. My favorite lenses are my 11-22mm f2.8-3.5 (22-44mm equiv) and 50-200mm f2.8-3.5. (100-400mm equiv). They are completely sealed, sharp all the way across the frame, fast, compact, and yield great color sharpness and contrast. There really are no direct equivalents. I'll probably keep my 11-22mm and E-1 even if I decide to make a switch.

What are your favorite lenses and their strengths/weaknesses? Thanks for the feedback on AF speed. I'll check out the 17-50mm.

Cheers,

Seth

robbo d wrote:

I have the K5IIs.............

Pro's:

IQ, especially in RAW files, great Dynamic range, battery life excellent, Can focus on a black hole in a dark universe.......so good in low light.

Great ergonomics.

I am using the Metz 58 flash at the moment and looks great so far............no issues with bounce or diffused light

Cons:

Write speed is generally slow even with a fast card, almost as if it needs to warm up(I shoot mainly RAW), then after a while it's writing instantly (bizarre?) ....maybe I need to look at firmware updates....

Research your lens AF speeds. 18-135 is noted as being quick, but the 50-135 is a bit of a slouch, but my Sigma's seem quick enough. (17-50 f2.8 is an absolute peach!!)

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow