Range of Converters for X100/X100S now complete?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jwmars
Regular MemberPosts: 192Gear list
Like?
Range of Converters for X100/X100S now complete?
8 months ago

My X100 is perfect as it is in my opinion. Having a fixed lens only might seem limiting to many but is very liberating to me. To me the introduction of the two converters available now is a clear sign  that the X100 series will be continued for some time (at least the lens used) to come.

I have considered buying the wide converter after seeing an impressive photo-report made with x100 with converter by a Dutch photographer who travelled on one of these feeble boats with dozens of people fleeing afganisatan, Irak etc towards Australia. Recently I even was in my favourite camera store, just passing buy and ready to do an impulse purchase which I normally never do, where the wide converter was out of stock. But in the end I decided that I have no real use for the 28mm angle. I even have more se for a 28 then a 50mm converter.

That said: Since starting with photography I have been eyeing OVF rigs with 35 / 80 mm combo's which is ages ago. I would certainly see myself buying a 80mm converter for portraits and other small tele uses (theartre, performances, street etc).

Would it be possible to create such a converter? How would that work with the x100 OVF? Would it b even larger then the 50mm version just released? Does anybody believe such a converter is already in the works? just curious.

JW

jwmars's gear list:jwmars's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow