Need help in mastering my XE1

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
C Frank
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: Need help in mastering my XE1
In reply to mistermejia, 8 months ago

mistermejia wrote:

First, i am seeing that my XE1 is underexposing quite a bit. Or it could be that is the darn bright LCD that is inaccurate and that is what is fooling me, because i see a good exposed image on the LCD but then when transferred to my PC the photo looks a lot darker, which explains why some of my previous photos i posted under the shade look not very well lit as well.

I  don't know how you are controlling the exposure, but my understanding is that for almost all of the exposure modes the LCD does not give you a faithful representation of how the image will be captured.  In S, A, and P modes the LCD seems to just auto-adjust to give you a view with which to compose, focus, etc. and only the M mode with the option I mentioned above enabled gives you  'what you see is what you get' as far as exposure.

This may be a fundamental difference in behavior from another camera you are used to, and could explain why the exposure looks better on the LCD than on your PC.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow