Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JamieTux
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,821Gear list
Like?
645z what's the catch?
8 months ago

I've been thinking of moving to medium format for both work (mostly product and portrait photography in a studio) and for fun with landscapes etc.

I was close to buying the 645d following the recent price drops but the pricing of the 645z has really grabbed my attention.  This seems to have the same sensor as the big 2 but only costs a third of the price whilst also offering weather sealing, and articulated screen, good Af performance, dng output and all wrapped up in a smaller and lighter body too.

Pentax also seems to have a very strong 645 lens line up apart from a leaf shutter range (and no tilt or shift lenses).

I know that I could buy other bodies to mount the other backs to but realistically that's not going to happen so apart from the leaf shutter and movements lenses what is being given up to get those plusses?

JamieTux's gear list:JamieTux's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +12 more
Pentax 645D Pentax 645Z
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow