Fighting GAS: This new camera is not exactly right for me because...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
travelinbri_74
Senior MemberPosts: 1,975
Like?
Fighting GAS: This new camera is not exactly right for me because...
4 months ago

Many of us here get momentarily blinded by gear lust when shiny new toys come out, I think we should make this a running thread on reasons those newly released and excellently reviewed cameras do not precisely meet our needs. Looking at some of the cameras I have been lusting over (currently have a Sony RX1R and Ricoh GR, used to have a Canon 5DII and plan to eventually buy back into an interchangeable lens system when the right one comes), I'll give it a start:

The (excellent looking) Fuji X-T1 is not exactly right for me because I still prefer the look of FF photos, the battery life is mediocre at best, and the new weatherproofed lenses look to diminish the advantages of the small body.

The Nikon DF1 is not exactly right for me because I don't want to pay almost 3,000$ for a camera with a great low light sensor but only mediocre lowlight AF.

The Sony A7R is not exactly right for me because AF is slow, battery life is low, and more lenses are needed.

What purchases are you fighting?

-TBri

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon Df Sony Alpha 7R Sony RX1R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow