The Past "Photography" the Future "Imagery" Not for ME!

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
DenWil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,544
Like?
Balderdash.
In reply to Beachcomber Joe, 8 months ago

Beachcomber Joe wrote:

fcheh wrote:

Think of the days when each and every shot cost MONEY and was composed, waiting for the light, several takes then the lightbox, sorting for the best.

Good grief. Exaggerated and overworked. I shoot MF film for a living to this day- skip the theatrics. It ain't that complicated !

And then to the darkroom where hours would be spent burning, dodging, masking, manipulating exposure and development times after carefully selecting the right paper to print upon.

Not the case.  That's comedy.  A proper negative  requires one or two test prints  to get perfect for agencies in New York. 90% of my negatives  print  a first exhibition quality enlargement  in 15 minutes or less.

Your  time description may apply to  Bobby Kennedy  on the kitchen floor or   Adams "Sunrise..."  but  those are unique situations, not  regular work. And those are wet versions.

With todays scanners and properly processed film  it's a cinch and the time in post to fine tune files is minutes.

-- hide signature --

denniswilliams

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow