NEX 7 vs A6000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 10,349Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 7 vs A6000
In reply to BlueBomberTurbo, 3 months ago

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

I never said the a6000 was rubbish, just that it is not in any way an upgrade from my NEX 7, so I returned it.

I didn't like the viewfinder or the flimsy feel. I missed tri navi. I take most of my shots on vacations and family events, and probably take 5-6000 shots a year. I'm not anal enough to do post production editing all the time, so RAW for 80% of my shots is too much trouble, but for important pics I do shoot raw with either the NEX 7 or a Nikon D7100.

What I said, and the point of this thread, IS THE A6000 is a STEP DOWN, not up.

Get real and don't be so defensive. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just stating the facts as I see them

Well, a6000 is an upgrade in some aspects, and downgrade in others, which I expect with generational improvements and with a price tag that is half of NEX-7.

Instead of trying to argue against these facts, it might be better to discuss whether it is a direct replacement or not. I say: it isn't. I expect a direct replacement eventually, in addition to options from Sony that current NEX-7 owners being desperate to replace: go up to a7 or pick a6000.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-clearly-says-a6000-replaces-the-nex-7-too/

Let us take that seriously and we can draw following conclusions:
1- No new FE body besides a7/7r.
2- a6000 replaces NEX-7
3- NEX-5T and NEX-6 not yet replaced.
4- NEX-3N not replaced
5- a3000 not to be replaced

How many of these you agree with?

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow