XS1 NewSettings, New sooc pics..C/C

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,407
Like?
Ll ...
In reply to Lloydy, 6 months ago

Lloydy wrote:

... Are we taking photos or measurebating ?

Neither, I commented on the vast difference in the color of the inline photos vs viewing them after downloading them. Full size. No pixel peeping. No measurebating, unless your own "overcooked" comment is also measurebating. Your cheap shots continue, but that's not as bad as the way you rely on having a permanently faulty memory to make fraudulent, self serving points. See below.

Do you recall writing this the other day?

... L. No brainer. It is easy to downscale

Besides, of the five EXR cameras I own M just turns details to mush

Just my opinion of course

However, if others posit their opinion ask them to show SOOC comparisons. I find the discussion always goes mute at that point. Push the point. You will get no response

This it one kind of "dishonesty" that I'm talking about. SOOC comparisons have been previously been provided, many times, but you keep asserting this untruth (technically, a lie) many times over. I posted my SOOC comparisons soon after you wrote this, two days ago. But as usual, you ignored it. No response. It's ironic that what you accuse others of doing is actually a good description of what you engage in doing, particularly to the part that where you wrote "always goes mute at that point. Push the point. You will get no response".

I'd be very surprised if you missed my SOOC comparisons but if you did, here it is again, now two days old, in case you care to remedy your lack of a response :

I just shot several photos of fine, low contrast subjects (grass) at ISO 800, using L size and M size with two apertures for each. The HS35 was used with a long focal length to shoot at a greater distance which was assumed would show better results using M size photos. Every setting was shot multiple times and the best examples of each were compared. M size f/5.6 produced more detail than L size f/5.6 and M size f/8 photos produced more detail than L size f/8 photos. If I had shot the same subjects from a much closer distance, the L size images would probably have produced slightly more detail, but nobody that I know has ever said that M size images will always produce more detail than L size images. There are several here that go out of their way to say that L size images always produce more detail than M size images, but that's clearly just as false as Lloydy's claim :

However, if others posit their opinion ask them to show SOOC comparisons. I find the discussion always goes mute at that point. Push the point. You will get no response

Here are 100% crops from SOOC comparison photos, with absolutely no editing other than cropping.

L size

M size

L size

M size

The M size photos are as good or better than the L size photos. If you still insist that they're "mush" compared to the L size photos, that could only further worsen your credibility.

If you hadn't noticed, in other parts of the thread, Dane is now very happy with the output from his camera.

And, in the end, isn't that what is important ?

It's only part of what's important. He also appears to be interested in finding out answers to the strange things that happened to the first of the two sets of his photos. You should take a cue from that.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow