Need opinions - Upgrading from 5d Mark II...

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
npac713
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Need opinions - Upgrading from 5d Mark II...
4 months ago

I'm a commercial photographer delving increasingly into the product arena... Sometimes even really small jewelry items... Should I go with the:
D800e? (and have to mess with switching lenses) (is it worth it for the high resolution?)
Mark III (this is the easy choice, but I'm still ticked off that Canon only offers 23 Megapixels. And the price is just absurd)
6D (seems like such a better move than the Mark III, with regard to price especially. I have trouble paying an extra 1500 for better AF, as I manually focus 70% of the time anyway)

A7R (looks solid, but isn't the all-around package quite yet. Love the color rendition, hate the OS and the menu system. Also don't like that it's not good in low light.)
When I'm not shooting commercial stuff, I'm typically shooting street photography at night, or astrophotography.

Any opinions would help tremendously... Right now I'm leaning toward the D800e for the dynamic range and huge file size... I know switching lens systems will suck, but I'll get an adapter in the meantime until I can afford the 14-24 and a solid makro. Somebody tell me if I'm right or wrong here. All opinions welcome!!

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Nikon D800E Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow