Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Northoceanbeach
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?
In reply to doracapi, 6 months ago

Oh yeah, the man on bridge with blown highlight is a POS.  I just wanted one of me on there for friends looking at my flickr.  I just don't have many good photos of me.  I'll generally stay away from posting myself or friends or family though.

i do know exactly what I want to do. Here's what I want to do:

take 70% landscape and nature

10-15% cities and architecture.

Very very little sports except surfing, but only surfing if the waves and natural surroundings are the focus of the picture.

little portraits and people

little animals, excepting when I am lucky enough to see a unique one.

alot of sky, water and sailboats

the absolute crispest and most vibrantly colored photos I can find.

Learn a lot about post processing

-- hide signature --

I want to not be limited by my camera.  If you look at the sunset picture I have on flicker the colors are amazing, but there is a lot of noise.  Mow admittedly it's not a great picture.  I didn't have time to prepare and find the right spot.  I just saw the colors and that was the best location with the minimal amount of crap between me and the water I could find before the sun set.  But I do love taking sunsets but ,y camera has trouble focusing and if has a lot of noise.  Maybe once I learn how to use photoshop I can take that out, but having better low light capabilitoes would be better.

Im im alsp not getting the bokeh I want.  I could get the nikon 18.5 lens that has a lower aperture, but I'm just wondering how much I want to invest in this system, which is why I ask here,  I figure whatever system I go with, nikon or sony, I'll stay with it for years, and collect lenses and such.  If I stay with nikon I'll get on of the v's and work on more lenses.  But is that what I should do?  this is the only camera I have ever owned. Never had a point and shoot, never used a cellphone.  I've heard that on the nikon I have to di a lot of menu diving, where others have buttons for ISO and everything to make it quick.--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/northoceanbeach/

Northoceanbeach's gear list:Northoceanbeach's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 J1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow