NEX 7 vs A6000

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
cxsparc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,431
Like?
Re: NEX 7 vs A6000
In reply to mike geier, 7 months ago

mike geier wrote:

As close as I can tell, Alpha 6000 is not as good as NEX 7 except in very low light. JPEG results not as sharp, Viewfinder is not even close and build doesn't compare. back the a6000 goes, I'll wait for the NEX 7 replacement

Sorry, but what kind of testing did you really do to come to this conclusion?

In my view this is b....

Checking comparometer, I found the A6k to be somewhat inferior to the A7. Regarding the N7 it mostly is easily visibly better when you take a closer look. Those images are at base ISO 100!! What some may mistake for better resolution with the Nex 7 is actually massive oversharpening, similar to the behaviour of my 5N, which is especially visible with high quality lenses due to the white halo around the edges!

With lower quality lenses, it may really look better, but the same can be had with the A6k either after using RAW or possible amping up sharpness in-camera.

Click full size to see that the A6k is clearly more contrasty and does not suffer from the "old-Nex" oversharpening halo around edges.

The edge of the chair is easily visibly more natural resolved with the A6k, textures are better except for the bright red.

All color fields have the oversharpening halo some may mistake for better detail when viewed not at 100% with the Nex 7. One weakness of the A6k is the bright red as above.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow