ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mabellucyhays
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
7D focusing issues?
6 months ago

Yes I know you will be able to tell from my questions that I am a beginner

I just took pics with my 7D and 18-200 Canon lens. I am practicing focusing on a subject and having the background blurry.

I also just took some pics on auto everything. I was using just the center focus and it was lighting up before I took the picture.

In a lot of my photos it actually focused on the nearest thing to me.

A pile of cement blocks on my left was in perfect focus while the person 10 feet away I thought I focused on was not as clear.

I will not be getting a different "better" lens. This is what I can afford. I have seen some very nice pics taken with this lens so I figure learning to use the camera is what is needed.

I am looking for references to learn to work with this issue the best I can. I thought I had seen some references to the focusing here but I can't seem to find them.

Any help is appreciated, but just pointing me to the right information will be a start.

Thank you.

mabellucyhays's gear list:mabellucyhays's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow