IRAN, as seen with E-M5 Dramatic Tone and Monotone (IMGS)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 24,681
Like?
Outstanding!
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 8 months ago

RoelHendrickx wrote:

I have been back home for a few days after 15 truly wonderful days in Iran.

Impressive landscapes, beautiful cities and most importantly: friendly and hospitable people.

We had prepared with a bit of basic farsi/persian, and that was the best move ever.

In the coming weeks I will be processing a truckload of images, to result in multiple galleries.

For now, I'll just share some B&Ws that I already converted in-camera while still there.

Useful to get a quick first impression of what B&W could look like later.

I've done a few slight LR tweaks on the OOC JPGs. More subtle work (and colour) will come later.

Quick gallery of those first impressions is here: http://roelh.zenfolio.com/p551801606

Some samples:

Night train Tehran-Shiraz (µFT Oly 45mm at F1.8)

Shiraz, courtyard of Imamzadeh-ye Ali Ebn-e Hamze (µFT Oly 40-150mm)

Shiraz, outside Arg-e Karim Khan (with uncharacteristic rain for this southern city) (µFT Oly 12-40mm)

Entrance portal of the Caravanserai of Meybod (near Yazd) (Rokinon 7.5mm FE)

Grab shot through the windshield of our car on the road from Yazd to Isfahan (µFT Oly 40-150, S priority)

Portal of Masjed-e Shah (Imam) in Isfahan (µFT Oly 12-40mm)

Dry Zayandeh river in Isfahan and Si-O Seh bridge (Rokinon 7.5mm FE)

our guide Zahra in the Caravanserai Marenjab near Kashan (µFT Oly 45mm at F1.8 around sunset)

Masjed-e Agha Bozorg in Kashan (µFT Oly 12-40mm)

a foreign delegation (I understood: from Iraq) on pilgrimage in Qom (Rokinon 7.5mm FE)

Thank you for looking. Comments welcome.

Nicely seen, captured, and processed!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow