Stupid things you do with your camera.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
PK24X36NOW
Contributing MemberPosts: 906Gear list
Like?
Re: Stupid things you do with your camera.
In reply to Lumixdude, 6 months ago

Lumixdude wrote:

I just went out shooting today and realised I wasted 2 hours worth of shooting with my shots in ISO1600.

So what's your story?

Back in film days, my first camera was my father's 35mm half-frame film rangefinder camera. Observing its inner workings, I noticed it appeared to be "slipping" when I wound the film advance. Thinking this was a mechanical problem (i.e., that the film wasn't advancing properly), I applied a bit of super glue to the part that didn't seem to be moving when it should. The result? I got only 36 frames (every other shot on the roll) with my half frame camera, and couldn't rewind the film, either. A roll of pink pictures after I had to open the back to get the film out!

Removed the glue after that and the camera worked fine again.

I do mostly outdoor shooting. Once I did a shoot of an indoor flower show that my wife was writing a piece for. Hundreds of pictures. All shot in "Daylight" WB, with a nice green cast which then needed to be color corrected. Ack! (At least I shoot RAW + JPEG!)

Now I leave my cameras on "Auto" WB all the time.

PK24X36NOW's gear list:PK24X36NOW's gear list
Nikon D810
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow