Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roy Sletcher
Contributing MemberPosts: 778
Like?
Need an opinion
5 months ago

I frequently enter prints in out local Camera Club competitions.

I was flabbergasted last night when the Competition Chair requested I withdraw one of my entries, else it would be disqualified. His reason was I had entered the same print twice.

The two prints are shown below. The topic is portraits, and there is a separate competition for Colour and monochrome. It is obvious which is in which category. I know full well they are from separate raw files. Unfortunately his comment was they are CLOSE ENOUGH to be the same.

Anybody participating in club competitions is aware of the pettiness that often surrounds these events. Sometimes logic and common sense takes a back seat.

I truly want to do the ethical thing, but cannot in all honesty see these two entries as the same image, and wish to challenge his decision. I fully expect to see one of them disqualified on competition night this coming Tuesday and want to get independent verification I am not being overly prejudiced in my own interests.

What do you think?

If I am wrong, it will not be the first time so please be honest and I will be able to accept the disqualification.

Oh, and if you are still looking. The only reference I could find in our local rules are cited below:

4.3.1 General
Slide, Colour Print, and Black and White Print Competitions as considered a three separate competitions. Progression within each competition medium is therefore determined seperately

4.9 Print Competitions
A print entered in a club competiton regardless of final standing is inelegible for any future competitions (except Portfolios, Photo Essays and InterClub Competitions)

Roy Sletcher

"Don't make me mad - I shoot people with a big Canon"

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow