You guys actually shoot RAW over Fuji's JPEGS ??

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,858Gear list
Like?
You guys actually shoot RAW over Fuji's JPEGS ??
6 months ago

Dudes, Fuji jpegs are AMAZING!  WOW!

I know I know, i previously posted a similar thread about jpegs, but man, if I shoot and expose properly from the very begining, I am seeing image quality that i have never seen before with the nikon cameras that i had.  NO WHERE NEAR.

Yes I know, RAW is RAW and you have so much more flexibility over your files, but man, I am very surprised on what i am seeing.  The more i am using the XE1 i am getting the hang of it more.  I guess is true what they say, practice makes perfect.

I am using LR and obviously LR is not for fuji Xtrans files because the IQ simply comes out completely destroyed and the photos just look terrible.

I wonder if Photo Ninja's RAWs actually look (better) than fuji's jpegs.  The skin tones out of my S5 Pro are fantastic as well, but with the XE1 16MP and its film simulations I am starting to see a whole different thing here.  The skin tones look real and the color just POPS!  I am truly more amazed and very surprised at this point regarding fuji's jpegs.

I am still experimenting with the film simulations, i personally like color, yet not Ken Rockwell's over saturated colors.  I shot the photos bellow in Pro Neg Hi to see what i would get.  Next time i will select a different setting and tone color down, but i liked what i got.  The photos straight out of my PC look much better then the ones here, and i didn't use flash at all, but they still look good, "I think"  

I was at a wedding this pass weekend, it was a very very simple wedding at a baseball field, but it was very nice.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow