Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
bryanchicken
Regular MemberPosts: 309
Like?
Re: Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?
In reply to Aasmund G, 8 months ago

Aasmund G wrote:

You can use any APS-C lens on A7, so in that sense they are as native on A7 as on A6000 (albeit with lower resolution)

There are many reasons to go APS-C on E-Mount, and many reasons to choose a Nikon D3300 over a D610 for example, but not sure A6000 over A7:

- Slightly lower price

- Slightly smaller

- Faster AF under certain conditions (probably most, I dont know)

A7 advantages:

- Vastly better legacy lens compatibility

- Much cleaner output with most lenses

There are reasons to do either, but the notion that if you are a beginner you are better off with the A6000 argument is to me strange. As for me, I think the regular, clean, crisp, output that full frame gives with the majority of lenses in most circumstances is a pleasure. I never got that out of either my D40 or D5000 (both providing smudging of details even with top notch lenses at screen level viewing) maybe somehow the A6000 is better, but I would be surprised if most lenses really that level of sharpness.

How is the A7 vastly better with regards to legacy lenses? APS-C legacy lenses will be in lower res crop mode on the A7 but full sensor on the A6000.

Yes, wide angle will be wider on A7 but telephoto will be more tele on A6000, so we'll call that a draw.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow