(OT) [tune of song] Blood moon and cloudy skies...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,930Gear list
Like?
Re: (OT) [tune of song] Blood moon and cloudy skies...
In reply to jimrpdx, 5 months ago

jimrpdx wrote:

jimrpdx wrote:

I used a Q and smc-A 50/2.8 macro, and got some decent shots. Will process some DNG files tomorrow

or maybe tonight - sadly it doesn't enlarge well but still nice at a long viewing distance.

Pentax Q plus SMC-A 50mm f/2.8 Macro - cropped & (over)processed DNG.

-- hide signature --

Jim in (or near) Oregon -- Pentax user, Alpha & m4:3 veteran
talking to myself at http://granitix.blogspot.com

Thanks, Jim, and everyone else who wasn't SOCKED IN! I was SOOOOOOOOOO planning to hit that moon with my DA*300 and as many shots as I could (probably hundreds), until the clouds rolled in. As I had that camera sitting a couple feet away with that lens on it, I looked outside my door about 2 a.m. (this door always faces a full moon), and sure enough it was still raining.

I believe the dot to the lower right of your moon shot is Mars, Jim. I was watching the CBS Evening News earlier (recorded from last night), and Scott Pelley showed a photo of the Blood Moon with a fairly bright dot about that distance from it and said it was Mars -- said it's the closest to Earth it's been in YEARS! So Maybe tonight I can at least get a Moon/Mars shot, if it's not too cold... Had a real cold snap here last night -- freeze warning!

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow