Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,550Gear list
Like?
Re: Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?
In reply to Aasmund G, 8 months ago

Aasmund G wrote:

Well I looked at his photos, and I saw not a lot of sports which I guess would be the main reason to go A6000.

Sports requires tracking AF, no doubt. I am much more concerned about acquiring AF in the first place on even static subjects. That's why I owned the RX1 for only about 2 months . . . It failed to acquire AF in seemingly average household lighting far too often for my taste. Then again, I have not followed the "world's fast AF" on the A6000 enough to know how it does in average household lighting. My A7 is just okay in this regard. My NEX 5N is just okay. My Canon 6D was excellent. If the A6000 is in between my A7 and the 6D then that would be great. If it's closer to the A7 then having the fastest AF would not benefit the OP since he is shooting static subjects now that I look at his Flickr shots. In fact, I don't see any reason in those photos to leave his Nikon system, which seems to fit him just swell for now.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 OnePlus One +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow