Leica lenses: Summitar 5cm f2 and Elmar 9cm f4 on Fuji X mount?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcello Zini
Contributing MemberPosts: 815Gear list
Like?
Leica lenses: Summitar 5cm f2 and Elmar 9cm f4 on Fuji X mount?
6 months ago

Hi all,

a few days ago walked into Fuji X world for the first time with the Xe-1+18-55+50-230 dirty cheap deal and so far I'm really proud of myself

Right now I don't feel like investing in prime lenses before getting to know the system inside-out but I'll need to take some decent snapshot of my children in dark theaters soon and, since last year I needed to go up to iso 1600 with the Olympus 45 1.8 and 75 1.8 wide open to get a decent shutter speed, I'm afraid that the 50-230 just won't cut it for speed.

Now, since I'm really starting to like focus peaking which didn't have on the em-5, I just... ehm.. stole my dad's screw mount Leica lenses:

• Summitar 5cm f2 year 1939 (with just a yellow filter and no caps)
  • Elmar 9cm f4 year 1947 (with original front+rear caps and original hard case)

they have been used I think just a dozen of times and seem to be just perfect

What do you think? I kindly request any advice on which adapter/s (I guess screw to M then to X), where to find compatible/original caps, protective filters - I'd like these lenses to last for long...

If they'll work on the Xe-1 I'll be so happy

Thanks all in advance

Marcello

-- hide signature --
 Marcello Zini's gear list:Marcello Zini's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm Nikon Coolpix 2500 +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow