Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,832Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 8-16 price?
In reply to brandrx, 3 months ago

brandrx wrote:

kitsios_spyros wrote:

Ok, 2 friends will soon visit me from the USA and Australia. They could bring a couple of goodies with them tax free:) What is the best price for Sigma 8-16 for our mount sourced from these two regions? Availability matters..

I have seen only this lately http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53256739. Any update?

That lens is hard to find these days. I only see them on ebay.com and Amazon.com via sellers out of Japan.

http://www.amazon.com/Sigma-8-16mm-4-5-5-6-Pentax-Digital/dp/B003G2A71G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1397650584&sr=1-1&keywords=sigma+8-16mm+pentax

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

That must be one of those lenses that Sigma president was talking about they produce in only a "limited run" for the Pentax mount, as when I clicked on all four other mounts it showed up as being sold directly by Amazon and available with Amazon Prime.

I don't care HOW BIG OF AN ELECTRONICS COMPANY SONY IS (the biggest, I think), I still find it downright SAD that they came VERY LATE to the camera marketplace and yet have now surpassed one of the oldest, best-known brands (Pentax), the FIRST to sell a million units, and THEY now get preferential treatment from Sigma on lens builds OVER Pentax. And I don't care WHAT the president of Sigma says, I still have to think there's more than just higher sales volume from Sony going on -- especially now that another industry giant (Ricoh) is behind the Pentax brand.

Antitrust laws that apply in America DO NOT apply in places like Japan, where all these companies are based. I have no basis for any theory, just an uncomfortable feeling.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow