Mirror vs Mirrorless ? Humor me with your knowledge.....

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 823Gear list
Like?
Mirror vs Mirrorless ? Humor me with your knowledge.....
4 months ago

OK, maybe I haven't been paying enough attention, but there seems to be this huge mirrorless crowd that are very ardently in support of the 'type' of camera.

I mainly have mirror cams, apart from my barely used K-01 just arrived for a bargain price I am going to mainly use for time lapse at weddings.......

Is there significant advantages in day to day stills shooting that they offer, apart from being, by design, slightly smaller?

They generally seem to be live view screens at the rear, no OVF, sometimes with EVF, (which has its plus's and minus's). Seems that battery drain is a problem with mirrorless?? Am I correct?

I am talking about fairly major differences, that would make me re-consider what i already have.

Do they provide, by design, a greater platform for video?? I may have to consider getting video if I am lucky enough to keep getting more weddings to do, but I think I would just go and get a half decent video cam...........

Pentax seem to have stuck by the K mount, which doesn't seem to lend itself so well to reducing size because of flange depth(?).

Jim Radcliffe......I value your input perhaps as I believe you shoot Xt-1 and k-mount. Both are obviously great cameras and have different + or -, but is that due to brand engineering or comapny values in certain area's as opposed to mirror vs mirroless?

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
FactNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow