Have G1X. Buy G1XMkII (to replace) or SX50 as an extra?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rich the Hiker
Regular MemberPosts: 316
Like?
Have G1X. Buy G1XMkII (to replace) or SX50 as an extra?
3 months ago

Looking for some views. I currently have a G1X and take photos mostly on travels and on hikes, of landscapes, mountains etc. I am hoping to go to Yellowstone and Tetons in September (from UK). I'm trying to decide if I shoud change my 28 -112mm G1X to a 24-120mm wider G1X MkII, or because of potential wildlife, keep my G1X and instead buy a SX50 for longer reach. I like the operation of G1X and AE Lock button etc, but wonder if 24mm wider start on the new model would be beneficial for landscapes (I do have an older Panasonic LX5 24-90 with the 18mm wide adapter lens too). I thinking the longer reach SX50 may be a better buy for me (for wildlife photo times), but the new G1XMkII has some good updates to my original - just not sure as a person who mostly takes landscapes and the G1X handles this quite well anyway. Will the new G1XMkII be much better for landscapes and scenery than my G1X? Any DR improvement, HDR improvement? Yes it is wider 24mm which is a bonus, and it does star trails too. Sounds good, any other landscape orientated improvements over G1X? Or is SX50 a better bet for all round zoom in and wildlife pics and normal p&s landscapes when I'm not using the G1X?Thanks Rich

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow