Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jlehet
Forum MemberPosts: 66
Like?
12-40/2.8 is good for Infrared!
3 months ago

This is preliminary, as I haven't really pounded on it, and the weather hasn't been great for IR photography. I really didn't expect it would work, since none of my other high-end Oly lenses are any good for IR photography. But of course I was eager to try as soon as I got it yesterday. On the 720 converted E-PL5, this lens seems very sharp, without hotspots, and without the general haze that I see on, for example, the 60/2.8. I've been searching for news/experience of this lens on IR cameras and haven't found anything. From what I can tell, it's generally clearer and more contrasty than the 12-42, which is generally regarded as a good lens for infrared.

I'll have to try it in some bright sunlight later, and I'll try to post something. Still no foliage here in VT, except conifers.

Of course it's old news that this lens is quite lovely and takes a MFT body to a new level. Still preliminary, but wow!

Olympus PEN E-PL5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow