ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,904Gear list
Like?
Tamron Adaptall-2 on K5ii?
5 months ago

Greetings,

I'm thinking about trying Pentax because the K5ii is a bargain and Olympus DSLRs are a dead end. I have three Tamron SP Adaptall-2 lenses that I really like and I'm thinking about keeping them if I switch.

Tamron SP 90mm f2.5 Macro.

Tamron SP 300mm f2.8 + 1.4x TC + 2.0x TC

Tamron SP 35-80mm f2.8-3.8

How do they work with the Pentax mount? Any compatibility issues or foibles on a K5ii?

I had planned to get the Nikkor AIS 400mm f3.5 someday. Are there solid adapters for Nikon to Pentax? If not, what large manual glass would fit with Pentax mount? I'm not rich enough to buy big AF glass.

And if anyone wants to leave general comments about switching brands to Pentax, that would be cool. The things I know I'm going to miss is the tilt swivel screen, dust buster, Olympus JPG color, 11-22mm, and 50-200mm f2.8-3.5.  I hope to gain dynamic range, resolution, slight DOF control, slightly more compact body, and the addition of more Macro options and limited primes. Also looking at the Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 eventually.

Best,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow