IRAN, as seen with E-M5 Dramatic Tone and Monotone (IMGS)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,783
Like?
PS Robonrome
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 8 months ago

RoelHendrickx wrote:

robonrome wrote:

Roel, I think you've excelled yourself here and that's saying something.

Thank you. Those are big words.

The B&W really works especially those with robed figures and brings out the textural aspects of the architecture wonderfully.

I have found that the dramatic tone filter was much too crude for my taste in its first incarnation. But the newer B&W version is good for exactly that : bringing out texture.

Great use of fish eye as well.

Fisheye is becoming somewhat of a trademark lens for me...

You certainly make me want to go there!

Well, you should. It is really a great experience. Iran is much more "friendly" and open than we in the West would normally assume. The country gets a lot of bad press, but one should never confuse a government with its people.

I am thinking that (depending on political evolutions) tourism may start booming in Iran soon, and it is wise to try to visit a country BEFORE that wave, because tourism often spoils the spontaneity of how people react to foreigners.

We did never feel like we were being regarded as walking ATMs (like you can feel in other places).

Quite the contrary : I cannot count the times that we were offered tea, bread, meals, car rides etc for free. Luckily, we had anticipated that, so we were well stocked on small Belgian gifts to return the favour.

PS for more travel info : see also my responses (multiple) to Sergeg

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow