Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903Gear list
Like?
Moon shots: X-S1 vs. GX7
8 months ago

Decided I would use my GX7 with 100-300mm lens mounted to try for some blood moon shots. The GX7 was tripod mounted (albeit a rather flimsy travel tripod) and remote release. At the last minute I also grabbed my XS-1 but had to contend with hand held shots.

As it turns out, a lot of the GX7 shots did not come out too well. Mostly because it was very windy and I had to juggle settings to avoid camera shake induced blur. What did surprise me was the quality of the XS-1 being hand held, and with very cold hands as well. Shot M DR 400% RAW + JPG.

Both shots taken RAW and processed in Capture One. Interestingly, both RAW files were 19.1 MB in size. Thought the X-S1 would have been smaller (12MB vs. 16MB sensor). Some levels were adjusted, and resized for better detail. Down sized to 2048 pixels in the horizontal.

X-S1

GX7 with 100-300mm

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow