ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SimonWilder
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
A7/R + 24-70 f4 for those that have it
6 months ago

Hi,

For those that have either the A7 or A7R and the 24-70 f4 lens what is your opinion of this lens?

I had a Fuji X-E1 + 18-55 for almost a year before it became faulty and I'm now looking to buy a new camera with a standard zoom lens.

I had the use of a friends A7R for a week and I'm now pretty much sold on getting one of these however I only used it with the 35 f2.8 and 55 f1.8 lenses, what sold me on the A7R aside from the image quality was how fast it is to change ISO, metering and focus points, my friend configured the buttons on his A7R and showed me how to use it, he also had it set to viewfinder only which saves on battery life but changing between the Viewfinder and rear LCD is a bit of a pain.

So the only thing holding me back at the moment is the 24-70 f4 lens, I've really no interest in using prime lenses and f4 is fast enough for me.

I've read countless reviews for the 24-70 f4, some say its good while other found it less so, my standards might be lower than others and I really only take photographs when I'm out walking/travel/family etc, what I do prefer are the colours and how the images render from the A7R compared to the X-E1 I had.

So my question is to those that have the 24-70 f4, what is your opinion of this lens?

Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow