tripod and ballhead suggestions

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
TQGroup
Contributing MemberPosts: 676Gear list
Like?
Re: tripod and ballhead suggestions
In reply to cheapguy, 4 months ago

+1 for Sirui.

I have the T-1204X + G10 ballhead which uses the Arca Swiss system. Ohh, I have at least 5 other tripods including 3 biggish Manfrottos.

Honestly, the biggest issue with tripods is lugging them around, especially for those "many hour" events, or worse still, "all day" events! This lightweight carbon fibre tripod is small, fits on a backpack easily and has its own carry bag. Its definitely the one I use most and the only one I travel by plane with.

As to centre columns, sometimes they are needed to get over obstructions and this Sirui comes with a screw-in centre piece extender which I must use for my favourite vantage point for certain fireworks displays.

Finally, always use a remote release or much of the benefit of the tripod is negated and remember to cover the viewfinder to prevent stray light playing havoc with your exposure.

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow