Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Northoceanbeach
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?
Is the a7 as good as they say and what kind of lens cost am I looking at?
5 months ago

I'm a beginner.  I bought a nikon j1 and three lenses four months ago.  I would like to upgrade to the v2 or maybe v3, but at v3 prices, the a7 starts to look really tempting.

is it really that good?  One of the issues people complain about with the nikon 1 series is the small sensor, so full frame sounds great.  Of course it would be a bigger system.

Ive ve seen the a7 body go for 1300 on ebay and 14-1500 with the kit lens.  i would want three. Lenses to start out.  What two make a good second and third?   You have to use the new ones for the a7 full frame right?   I mean,  you can use the new, since they have the e mount, but then you lose the benefits of full frame?

is the kit lens good and. Are the other lenses a lot more than for. The nikon 1 series.  For example I got a. Zoom for 250 and a prime for also 250.  Thanks for you help.--

https://www.flickr.com/photos/northoceanbeach/

Northoceanbeach's gear list:Northoceanbeach's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 J1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +5 more
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow