Water-V1

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
jambalawa
Contributing MemberPosts: 718Gear list
Like?
Re: Water-V1
In reply to Miskec, 7 months ago

I don't mind it but I reckon it could be improved.

I'd prefer to see a natural image of moving water without man made bits like in this image - but thats just a person preference and isn't a requirement for a good photograph!

I wonder if you would've been better if you were closer to the edge of the water or even in it a bit - as I think the composition would be nicer if there was a bit less bank on the left and you were looking down along the stream a little more.  Its almost as though you could follow the "leading into space rule" - normally applied to moving people etc but I think the image would benefit with the water leading into space - so yeah I'd like less space on the left and more on the right.

Also the lighting is a bit flat - I'm spoilt in the tropics but some nice early morning or late evening light would help I think?

jambalawa's gear list:jambalawa's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow