X-E1 or X-E2?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
XPro10
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: X-E1 or X-E2?
In reply to bs1946, 5 months ago

I passed on the upgrade to XE2. Many reviews have said the AF is only marginally faster, and only if you use the central PDAF area. I don't know about you, but I don't usually center my subjects in the area covered by the PDAF. In fact I rarely do. The XE1 is usually faster than I am. My biggest problem is keeping the AF box on a fast moving subject, but if I do, and use the shutter-mash technique, I can nail it. Of course faster is always better. And the button layout of the XE1 is the same as the XPro, so I don't have a problem switching between the two. If money is not an issue at all I'm sure the XE2 is the slightly better camera.

The XT1 would give you clearly better AF tracking, but I will pass on it also. I tried one at the showroom but found the 4-way buttons too hard to use fast and consistently, and I could not move the Exposure Comp. dial with my thumb. It took two fingers for me to turn it.

So far my favorite Fuji is the XPro. I hope they give us an upgrade (APSC) soon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow