If P-R can release FA 645 lenses why not K mount

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,868Gear list
Like?
Re: If P-R can release FA 645 lenses why not K mount
In reply to Cideway, 6 months ago

Cideway wrote:

The issue as I understood it, cannot find the links now, was that the 35mm lenses used a particular type of glasses that is no longer made due to the lead in the ingredients. This may not have applied to the 645 lenses and as such they are free to be re-manufactured unmodified.

On the other hand, the 645 lenses may just have a lot more old stock available.  We'll know if some of them start running out.  Then they'll have to make new ones, which might involve having to tweak the optical design.  Wouldn't be the first time; as I understand it the late-model Three Amigos differ from the originals.

I wonder if the lead issue is why we occasionally keep seeing new lenses, made in Vietnam, on the used market?  Lenses supposedly long discontinued, like the A 50/1.2 or the F 1.7x autofocus adapter.  Maybe they're actually illegal to sell in some markets, but they make new batches and sell them under the table.

-- hide signature --

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand." -- Ansel

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow