Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
krugman
Contributing MemberPosts: 930Gear list
Like?
Baffled by Olympus menu, help needed
3 months ago

What is the meaning of LF, LN, MN, SN in Olympus menu?

I have recently acquired an EM10 and am trying to set up the menu so that I can choose extra fine image quality, or whatever highest image quality is called. I have got to the part of the menu where these changes are made (nestled quite early in the manual, on pp. 77-78!) but I have no way of knowing what the above symbols mean. Each represents a choice about image quality, but what choice corresponds to what? They are nowhere defined in the manual.

My spouse has a Sony Nex 5N. A reviewer described its menu as "appalling." But Olympus has created a much more complex menu, which one reviewer has described as "horrible." I would merely term it "execrable." It would make a good final exam question for an M.I.T. EdX course.

The menu on the Canon G1X is a breeze by comparison.

L may mean "large" and M mean "medium" and S mean "small,'' ?? But what could N mean? And what could "F" mean? Of course there is no index or glossary in the manual.

I would appreciate any help.

Perplexedly,

Krugman

By the way, someone out there doesn't like me (can't blame them), they keep putting a Kodak SL camera into my gear list. I do not own one and I barely know what it is. Could someone add a Lamborghini Aventador to my gear list? I don't own one but sure would be glad to have one.

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow