G6 to G1X mk2!!! A few pictures inside...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scott Skinner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,628Gear list
Like?
G6 to G1X mk2!!! A few pictures inside...
8 months ago

I've been shooting with a Canon G6 for over 8 years and today I got myself a G1X mk2.

Maybe its just because technology has come so far since I got the G6, but so far I absolutely luv the G1X mk2.  I could only spend a few minutes with it before it started to get dark and I had to eat dinner with the family. So, I have not had a chance to learn much with it.  I will this weekend though!!!

The most impressive thing to me so far is the speed.

The second most impressive thing to me is the low light capabilities.  I am sure that is due to the my years of G6 use, but I don't care. It is fantastic to be able to take pictures inside or in low light without a flash!

Anyway, I will take some more pictures this weekend and share more of my thoughts at that time. For now, here are a few pics.

I didn't change any settings on the camera except for file format (RAW).  I processed in DPP and then I opened in CS2 to do do some more tweaking (old G6 workflow).  CS2 was not very helpful like it was for with my G6. It looks like my new workflow might have fewer steps.

I do have one complaint.  7MP was more than enough.  I am not digging the G1X's larger file size.

The back edges of this shot do seem a bit different.  Will experiment some more ~ wheeee.

This one was hand held and cropped.  Cropping is a regular part of my work flow.

Wahooo! I can't wait to take some pictures this weekend!

Scott Skinner's gear list:Scott Skinner's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow