ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jkim7
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
X-T1 as a travel camera; one question
3 months ago

So I was browsing the Sony forums and this is what someone said:

"This is my main gripe with Fuji. I couldn't imagine myself with it as my travel camera.

Excellent image quality, but God they are slow functioning cameras. There is no such thing as a "quick shot" with Fuji. It takes you 4-6 seconds (at best) to take a picture with a Fuji camera, because you have to rely on moving the AF point each time. The Fuji auto-area AF system is extremely inaccurate and unreliable, not to mention the Face Detect (only whenever it feels like working).

I have came across hundreds of scenarios while on vacation in the past, where I needed to take a quick shot....if not I would've missed it. So for me, there is no time to turn dials and press butttons to get everything I want before I take the picture.....not that I don't sometimes choose the AF point myself or just use the center, but I need a fast reliable camera with me during my trips for the unpredicable moments."

I'm almost dead set on buying a X-T1 as my main traveling camera and there are going to be times where I don't want to take time fiddling with settings, and instead just take a snapshot and have it come out decent. According to this guy, it's not possible on the X-T1. What do you guys think?

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow