Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tkelly11
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Cape Town with the Df
6 months ago

I recently got back from 2 rather wonderful weeks in Cape Town for a friends wedding. Its such a beautiful part of the world and I had the time of my life.

During the trip I used my Df, a lot! Used it with a simple 50mm 1.8d and a 24-85mm 3.5-4.5. Would like some better lenses but need to save for those. Thought I would share with you guys a few pics from the trip. Overall the Df performed admirably. The only issues I found was the usual low light issue and it not being able to focus, also I found interestingly that I occasionally (probably twice) knocked the Af/Mf switch so it ended up sitting in the middle and couldnt work out why it wasnt focusing. I also found a lot of the time the pics came out a little underexposed, which i put down to the somewhat unforgiving metering modes. Thankfully easy to rectify in Lightroom.

Anyway, here are a few pics from the trip and more can be seen here - http://wellisntthisabitglorious.com/penguins-at-boulders-beach/:

The view out from the top of Table Mountain out across Camps Bay.

Lions Head through the clouds, absolutely amazing being up there with a bit of cloud. Definitely added to the atmosphere.

The view as we emerged from the cloud on the way up. Felt like we were heading straight for the cliff face!

A rather colourful (and somewhat ugly) fish at the two oceans aquarium

Lionfish in a very dark tank at the aquarium

Penguins at Boulders Beach

View across Boulders beach.

The view back down across Cape Town and Lions Head.

A bengalese cat at a friends house that we visited. Beautiful cat, but she knew it.

Random shot during the bachelor party having just tied the groom around a canon.

Said groom being tied up, from which he had to escape, then do an assault course, a 10km cycle then fight his way through us in the woods at paintball to reach his "wife" (a blow up doll) that had been captured. That was all before 11am! Some day.

A shot at the wedding. It was at a wine farm in stellenbosch with some beautiful backdrops and lighting.

Another shot from the wedding.

And again.

Thoughts and questions welcome and I hope you enjoy!

Cheers

Tom

tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow