Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DonParrot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,729Gear list
Like?
The E-M1 at the dog-racetrack
6 months ago

This weekend, I took the E-M1equipped with the ZD 50-200 SWD to the racetrack and I have to say that the C-AF itself ist fast enough to even cope with the fastest sighthounds. Nonetheless, the lack of an AF field that remains visible in the burst mode and even more of a dynamic AF we are accustomed to from our E-system DSLRs turns shooting sighthounds at work into a real challenge, as the are bopping up and down and often slightly change direction. So, keeping the AF field on your chosen subject is clearly more difficult with the E-30 or the E-5 and getting good results with the aforementioned cameras is clearly easier than with the E-M1 - if you want to shoot series, that is. If you are happy with just two to three sharp pics before you failt to keep the AF field on the chosen dog, however, the E-M1delivers in great style.
And if you successfully keep the AF field on the dog for a longer period of time you will be rewarded with series of pictures E-30 and E-5 never were able to deliver without a misfocused pic every now and then. Here we go with just some of the pics I shot on Saturday, with pic No 1 being my favourite.

-- hide signature --

I wish I was an OLYgarch

DonParrot's gear list:DonParrot's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +7 more
Olympus E-30 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow