To those that have 270exII and use the slave mode

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
BPLOL
Regular MemberPosts: 155Gear list
Like?
Re: To those that have 270exII and use the slave mode
In reply to apersson850, 7 months ago

apersson850 wrote:

Flashes like the 580 EX and 430 EX (perhaps the 270 EX II as well - I don't know, I've never used any) can be set to be independent slaves. In that mode, where they don't belong to any flash group at all, you can set each slave's power level manually, but you have to do it on the flash itself. The power level can't be transmitted from the ST-E2. You can still trig them from the ST-E2, though, and the ST-E2 can at the same time control flashes belonging to groups A and B in E-TTL mode.

-- hide signature --

Anders

Thank you for your attention.

Thats what I do. I always set the flash power manually, in each unit, and trigger using the ST-E2 in camera.

So what I want to know: will I be able to trigger 580ex (manually set), 430ex (manually set), and 270exII (E-TTL - since the unit itself dosen't have "external" manual control), using ST-E2?

-- hide signature --

Peace! Hakuna matata!
http://www.flickr.com/bplol

BPLOL's gear list:BPLOL's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow