ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BPLOL
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
To those that have 270exII and use the slave mode
6 months ago

Hello people! Would you kindly help me?

I have a ST-E2, a 580ex and 430ex. I use both in manual mode, so I can set the power level to my needs.

Recently I´ve been thinking about getting a 270exII to use with my 6D, and I would also like to use it on my setups when needed as a third off-câmera light (maybe to do hair light, or little fill).

These are my questions:

1) From what I´ve read, the 270exII have the option to set its power (manual mode) within the camera's flash menu. Will the flash retain the power level chosen AFTER I´ve removed it from the camera? (and after turning it to slave mode). This way I could set it the way I want it, remove it from the camera and put it into position.

2) If I cannot manually set the power level in slave mode, will the 270exII at least work automatically (ETTL), even on a setup where the 580ex and 430ex are setted with manual power?

Thank you!

-- hide signature --

Peace! Hakuna matata!
http://www.flickr.com/bplol

BPLOL's gear list:BPLOL's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow