Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gregor Harih
Regular MemberPosts: 112
Like?
14mm 2.8 or 23mm 1.4 or both?
8 months ago

Recently I stopped with professional photography, but I want to keep photography as a hobby. I love travel and street photography, therefore I wanted a small and powerful system. In this manner I switched from Nikon gear (d700, D600, 24-70 2.8, 50 1.8, 85 1.8, 70-200 2.8) to the Fuji X-E2 wit 18-55 and 35 1.4. I am quite happy with the X-E2 and the two lenses, however I would like to slowly build up a prime lens collection.

As mentioned, I love to do travel and street photography. I initially tought about buying the 23 1.4, which seems to be a really great lens according to reviews. But recently I also checked the 14 2.8 lens and everyone praises this lens. When I had my Nikon gear, I also had the chance to shoot a trip to Cuba with the 20mm 2.8 FF lens and loved the view and perspective. What about the new Samyang 12mm 2.0? Had anyone the chance to test it? It's about third the price of the Fujinon 14mm 2.8.

What do you think which lens would be the best to get first? Which lenses would you get, if you could buy two?

Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow