Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bhatti
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Comparing Fuji X100s lens sharpness at f/2, f/2.8, f/4 vs Nikon 50mm 1.8D
6 months ago

All lenses tend to be slightly soft wide open. The lens on Fuji X100s is no exception. I have been having some issue with lens appearing a little soft while photographing my young daughter at f/2. So just to get an idea about the difference in lens sharpness at f/2, f/2.8 and f/4 I took some photographs with X100s about 2 feet from the subject . Also (although not very relevant) I took another set of photographs using my D800 and the Nikon 50mm 1.8D lens (didnt have any 35 for the Nikon). All photographs were taken at ISO200. The Fuji X100s was placed slightly closer to the subject in order to compensate for the difference in focal lengths. The idea was to get a relative understanding of the depth of field while using a full frame and the crop sensor of the Fuji X100s.

bhatti's gear list:bhatti's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow