Lovely Olympus OMD E-M10 but battery drain is absolutely terrible!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
markalroberts
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Lovely Olympus OMD E-M10 but battery drain is absolutely terrible!
5 months ago

Hello, well, the subject says it all really. The EVF and back screen just suck juice.

I've tried tweaking settings such as getting it to automatically turn off after a few seconds and turning off the backlit lcd, but it's still really unsatisfactory (especially when compared with my old Nikon D90 which could be in "instant standby" for weeks on end!)

My solution at the moment is to physically turn it off after each shot (or shots if there is obviously a batch to be taken) - at least it's quick to turn back on and take another.... but this feels wrong to me, firstly because the on/off switch is terribly placed and feels very flimsy (i.e. I wonder how often I will be able to do this before it dies on me!) and secondly because it feels like this should be a feature of the camera.... i.e. a mode where you can take a shot and then the EVF/backscreen totally shut off, but by half-pressing the shutter button, it comes back on again!

Really hoping for some battery saving fixes in firmware updates as I already have three batteries for this camera and that doesn't feel like enough

(alternative ideas very welcome, in case I've missed something!)

Mark

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow