Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 289Gear list
Like?
50-200 lens with scratches
5 months ago

Hello

A fellow is offering an old 50-200 ED for less than 300 euros, which is pretty good compared to the usual market price in between 400 and 600 euros here in Europe. Reason is the front lens is scratched ( see photo ) . the guy says he never ever saw anything on his pictures and I tend to believe him since i've got a 40-150 with a light scratch right in the center and I never noticed anything either in my pics. But it still looks pretty heavy on the photo. So I asked him to shoot a couple of photos of a blue sky ( maybe not the best subject but I really don't have much of a clue ) and I figured I could push these in PP and try to see something.

Below original pics downsized to 1600x1200, with blacks and whites heavily pushed in PP. Not much to see, except for a recurrent dark circle bottom right ( I put a red circle round it ) which could perhaps be a simple grease spot, I don't know.

What do you think ? Anybody had to face similar problem once ? Is there a really good method to check this ? Thanks for your answers

108's gear list:108's gear list
Olympus E-520 Olympus E-620 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow