Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NewGirlLiz
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
EM1 freezing and OI Share not working.
8 months ago

Great day of shooting loads of stuff yesterday - but two odd things happened.

The most annoying, as it's happened several times, was that I set up a shot with a slow shutter speed, switched wifi on, linked to it on my iPhone, went to the OI Share app (which said EM1 was on), hit the button to use phone to take photos and got an error message saying that the camera couldn't be found. Tried again and again, but nothing. This has happened probably about half of the times I try to connect my phone to my camera. I'm not doing anything different from the times that it works. Anyone know anything about why this might be happening or had similar problems? I'm running firmware version 1.1 on my camera.

The second thing was that I was taking some surfing shots, so lots of burst mode. Mostly low burst, a few high. At one point, in the middle of a series of shots (and I never do more than about ten shots in one go - if that - but had been photographing for maybe half an hour and taken a hundred and something shots) the camera completely froze. It stayed on the shot of the person I had just photographed and wouldn't budge from that. Wouldn't switch off, wouldn't do anything. I took the battery out and put it back in and it was fine. Is this just normal and acceptable after using the burst mode for a little while, or should it be able to handle this?

I'd be very grateful if anyone has any thoughts on either of these two issues.

Many thanks

Liz

-- hide signature --

“You can learn new things at any time in your life if you're willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.” Barbara Sher

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow