Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Feudal1
Regular MemberPosts: 343Gear list
Like?
G1X MkII - A set of macro-type images shot at f/2 - f/2.8
6 months ago

I took a bunch of shots at a local garden today, all close to the minimum focusing distance, and all at f/2 through f/2.8.  These are SOOC JPGs.  In camera, I have sharpening at -1, saturation at +1. and contrast at -1.  There was no post-processing here, other than resizing for the web.  I wanted to see what the camera could really do on it's own, without me doing much work.  There is some glow on some of them, but personally, I'm happy with the images.  These provide a good base for post-processing, should I decide to punch up any of these for display in an online gallery, or for printing.

Like I said, I'm very pleased with the image quality of the G1X MkII.  Being shot mostly near the 5cm minimum focus distance, I could not have taken these images with the just the G1X (would have had to add a macro filter to overcome its 20cm minimum focus distance).  The color is accurate and matches what I saw at the time I shot these.  AF was accurate.  The bokeh isn't as good as I might have wanted, but it's about in line with what I would expect shooting at f/2.8 against a busy background full of other vegetation just behind most of these (the exception is the first image - the trees are pretty far behind it).

Feudal1's gear list:Feudal1's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon D810
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow